Online retail options have made it easier than ever for people to buy the clothes they want, and there’s little wonder as to why fashion was the largest segment within the B2C e-commerce market in 2021. However, there’s a lot of intense competition in the fashion e-commerce industry, so retailers need to have an effective strategy that can help promote sales. Below we came up with five great strategies that your e-commerce business can start utilizing today!
Create a Better Customer Experience
The first thing you can do to enhance your e-commerce marketing strategy is to provide the best customer experience possible. Learn about your customers, find out what they’re looking for, and make your e-commerce store easy to navigate to find what they want in only a few clicks. You can also leverage:
- Returns and Deliveries: You’ll want to ensure deliveries reach their intended destination quickly and that the process for product returns is straightforward for customers to avoid leaving them dissatisfied with your service.
- More Payment Methods: Accepting more payment options means you can reach a wider audience, and you’ll likely see more money coming in. Expand your payment options by incorporating popular payment systems like PayPal, Stripe, and Apple Pay.
- Customer Service: Quality customer service is vital for any retail, whether it’s fashion e-commerce or through an in-person exchange at an up-scale clothing store. Representatives should be available by phone and email every day to quickly and effectively address customer questions and complaints.
Ask for Customer Feedback
Asking for and leveraging customer feedback can be essential for adjusting how your e-commerce business operates and making it more appealing to consumers. Send out surveys, ask for reviews, and note customer comments and complaints. This information is key to creating a fashion e-commerce store that people love and will want to buy from repeatedly, whether you’re selling fashion merchandise, tech, or gardening supplies.
- Dealing With Negative Reviews: Did you know tha, accoring to surveys, 88% of consumers trust online reviews as much as personal recommendations, and 85% of consumers say they read up to 10 reviews before making a purchase? E-commerce businesses need strategies for responding well to negative reviews and helping prevent the loss of business. The goal should be to solve customer issues and leave them satisfied.
Are you searching for a new online retailer that can provide access to some of the best products for some of the best prices? We at Hekka proudly offer everything from phones and computers to clothes, accessories, and much more.
Run Email Campaigns
Getting in touch with previous customers and reaching out to new ones is crucial in e-commerce operations, so consider conducting an email marketing campaign that can get people’s attention and interest. That said, people get a lot of emails, so you’ll want to implement some key strategies to prevent yours from getting deleted without a second thought.
- Personalization: Try to boost the relevance of your email campaign by making your messages personal. Address customers by name, and talk about products you’ll know they might like based on their previous views and purchases.
- Product Recommendations: This goes hand-in-hand with personalization. Take the products that consumers have bought or viewed before and offer related products that they might also be interested in. You won’t get very far by suggesting random products to people that probably won’t need or want them.
Enhance Your SEO
Search engine optimization (SEO) is considered the backbone of any successful website, including fashion e-commerce. Good SEO is essential to get Google to rank you well on search results pages, which is a primary way people will learn about your website. There are several strategies you can use to improve your SEO, including;
- Keyword Research: When writing new content for your e-commerce website, you’ll want to leverage keyword research to help attract the attention of Google and prospective customers alike.
- Search Volume: Take note of how many searches are made for specific keywords and products to see what’s popular. Try out tools like the Google Adwords keyword planner to help make the process easy! You can use this data to help make appropriate recommendations for consumers.
- Relevance: Once you find the right keywords, you’ll want to ensure they are relevant to a specific product being sold. Keywords that are close or related to a product will typically perform the best.
Change It Up
You don’t want your business approach to grow stale, so you’ll want to occasionally change things up to get and keep consumers’ attention. It’s also essential to make your fashion e-commerce platform stand out from the massive sea of competitors in the market. Consider A/B testing to see what pages and setups work best for your site. This process involves showing visitors one of two different page versions and recording their responses to see which one converts best. This is an easy task for online retailers since it can be included as part of a survey.
- A/B Testing Pros: You can test new ideas and get clear evidence to see what works. You can also optimize things one step at a time and answer questions about specific designs.
- A/B Testing Cons: The process can take time and resources and only works for specific goals. It also doesn’t work well if both of your testing variables are ineffective at converting sales.
What Comes Next?
By enhancing customer experience, leveraging customer feedback, sending out email campaigns, and improving your SEO, your fashion e-commerce business can start to attract a hoard of new customers while changing things up for the better! Please consider implementing the above strategies to see what they can do for your online retail business. You can also read through some of our other educational resources at Hekka to learn even more about how to take your operations to the next level!
Whether you’re looking for new clothes and accessories, phones, toys, health and beauty products, or even a new 3D printer, our e-commerce experts at Hekka have everything ready to go! Check out our website today and SUBSCRIBE NOW to receive our newsletter and be up-to-date with the collest and latest deals! #ShopNow #ShopHekka
Fashion E-commerce Report 2021
What is A/B Testing?